14 PhD positions at IFIC within INPhINIT Fellowship Programme
IFIC PhD projects within INPhINIT Fellowship Programme of ‘la Caixa’ Foundation.
• To be in the first four years of their research careers and not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
• Completed studies that lead to an official university degree of the European Higher Education Area or another university degree that gives access to doctoral studies.
• Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
• Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
The 14 projects offered by IFIC are:
• Investigation of neutrino interactions and neutrino oscillations with the T2K experiment.
• Higgs boson physics with the ATLAS experiment of the LHC.
• Astroparticle and High Energy Physics.
• Top physics at the LHC and future colliders.
• Efficiency study in the search for neutral particles of long half-life disintegrating to hadrons in the ATLAS detector.
• Particle physics with neutrino telescopes: dark matter and neutrino mass hierarchy.
• Development of a Compton telescope for hadron therapy treatment monitoring.
• Search for new physics phenomena with the ATLAS and MoEDAL experiments at the LHC.
• Flavour Physics and Electroweak Symmetry Breaking.
• Phenomenological implications from the dual interplay between gauge and gravity theories.
• Search for the neutrinoless double beta decay of Xe-136 with the NEXT experiment.
• Study of nuclear decay properties relevant in the explosive stellar nucleosynthesis of heavy elements.
• Flavor symmetries and new physics beyond the Standard Model.
• Multi-messenger astronomy with neutrino telescopes
See the full list of projects offered by IFIC here:
Find your PhD position at INPhINIT site (Select "Instituto de Física Corpuscular - IFIC" as the Researh Center)
Start the application at https://www.lacaixafellowships.org/index.aspx
INPhINIT fellows enjoy a 3-year contract under the Spanish or Portuguese labour legislation. In addition, the INPhINIT programme sets up a complementary skills training scheme that includes Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship workshops, and Professional and Career Development sessions. INPhINIT fellows will take part in some of the several initiatives that "la Caixa" Foundation launches to bring science to the society.